Friday, November 7, 2014

Character Designs for BlackBeard Inc.

BlackBeard Inc. was founded by Kevin Baik, an old Art Center buddy and colleague from my days on Black Ops II. Recently, he and his business partner started a mobile game startup and are currently developing a game in a partnership with Nexon for the mobile platform. They've brought me on to design their characters! The best part about working with someone you vibe with is that they trust your judgment and let you do your thing as an artist and I really appreciate that about these guys. BlackBeard has recently teased images of one of the characters I designed, so I got the green light to share it. Again, I'm using a very efficient 2d ideation to Zbrush concept sculpt workflow that I've been utilizing in recent projects. More as the game develops...